Cat dies in Valdosta house fire

VALDOSTA — On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, the Valdosta Fire Department responded to a house fire on Springhill Drive. The call was received from dispatch at 11:35 p.m. Firefighters arrived on the scene in under five minutes to find heavy fire coming from the back of the home. Fire crews were able to bring the fire under control quickly.

No injuries were reported. Unfortunately, a cat succumbed to smoke exposure and could not be resuscitated. The Valdosta Police Department and South Georgia Medical Center EMS assisted with on-scene operations. 

A total of 13 fire personnel responded to the scene. The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.



Related Posts