In the race for State Senate District 31, it appears Jason Anavitarte has won by a razor thin margin against Boyd Austin. With 100% of precincts reporting, Anavitarte has 10,563 votes to Austin’s 10,345 votes.
US House Results are coming in
U.S. House District 1
In the Democratic race for U.S. House District 1, Joyce Marie Griggs leads Lisa M. Ring with 55.85% of the vote. 70% of precincts have reported.
House District 9
In the republican runoff for House District 9, Andrew Clyde leads Matt Gurtler with 55.9% of the vote. 85% of precincts have reported.
On the democratic side, Devin Pandy leads Brooke Siskin with 68.3% of the votes.
U.S. House District 14
In the republican race for District 14, Marjorie Taylor Greene leads John Cowan with 59.8% of the vote. 75% of precincts have reported.
Polls in Floyd County stayed open late
Due to technical problems that delayed the opening of some polling locations in Floyd County, judge has ordered precincts there to remain open until 9 p.m.
Don’t forget to turn in your ballot
If you live in Fulton County and voted absentee, the county would like to remind you to return your ballot if you haven’t already. Ballots are due no later than 7 p.m. today.
If you forgot to mail in your ballot, the county has 20 drop box locations where you can drop off your ballot. The locations are listed below.
- Alpharetta Branch Library
- Auburn Avenue Research Library
- College Park Branch Library
- East Point Branch Library
- East Roswell Branch Library
- Evelyn G. Lowery at Cascade
- Fairburn Branch Library
- Gladys S. Dennard Library at South Fulton
- Johns Creek Environmental Campus
- Metropolitan Branch Library
- Milton Branch Library
- North Fulton Service Center
- Northwest Branch Library at Scott’s Crossing
- North Training Center
- Palmetto Branch Library
- Robert E. Fulton Regional Library at Ocee
- Roswell Branch Library
- Sandy Springs Branch Library
- South Fulton Service Center
- Wolf Creek Branch Library
The Georgia Sun will have continuous coverage of the August 11 runoff. Please return to this page for updates throughout the day and for results once polls close.