CHATTAHOOCHEE HILLS — A former foster parent is in custody and has been charged with child molestation.
According to the GBI, 55-year-old Johnny Lee Summers was arrested on multiple charges by the North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Department of Public Safety. Summers has been charged in Georgia with the following:
- Two felony counts of rape
- Two felony counts of aggravated child molestation
- Three felony counts of child molestation
- Two felony counts of cruelty to children
- One felony count of enticing a child for indecent purposes
- Two misdemeanor counts for battery family violence
- Two misdemeanor counts of simple assault
On December 5, 2019, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was asked by the Chattahoochee Hills Police Department to investigate allegations of child molestation made against Summers who was a foster parent.
According to the GBI, at the time of the allegations, Summers and his wife were fostering four siblings in their home.
“The investigation has revealed that Summers molested or abused all four children in his care,” said GBI spokesperson Nelly Miles.
The children range in age from 8 to 16 years old and lived in the home for about four years.
Officials say additional charges are expected.
Summers is in custody at the Horry County, South Carolina Sheriff’s Office and awaiting extradition. Anyone with information pertaining to this investigation is urged to call the GBI at 770-388-5019 or submit a tip on-line at https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online.