ATHENS — The Clarke County Board of Elections has installed secure drop boxes for absentee ballots for the June 9, Presidential Preference Primary and General Primary & Nonpartisan election. They are located at:
- Athens-Clarke County Elections Office – 155 E Washington Street, Athens, GA 30601
- Athens-Clarke County Library – 2025 Baxter Street; Athens, GA 30601
- Athens-Clarke County Multimodal Transportation Center – 775 E Broad Street, Athens, GA 30601
- Fire Station #7 – 2350 Barnett Shoals Road, Athens, GA 30605 [location added June 1, 2020]
More info on the ballot boxes:
- Close at 7:00 p.m. on Election Day (June 9)
- Are monitored by video recording devices
- Have ballots collected from them at least once every 24 hours in teams of two people who have sworn an oath in the same form as poll officers
- Are immediately transported and processed and stored in the same manner as absentee ballots returned by mail.
Sign up now to get the most recent Georgia headlines and other important local news sent to your email inbox daily.