Listen to this article.
AVONDALE ESTATES — Avondale Estates Mayor Jonathan Elmore is warning residents that if they don’t follow the city’s coronavirus guidelines, more aggressive actions will need to be taken.
“Avondale Estates is a close knit and very social community,” Elmore wrote in a letter to resident. “Staying at home is causing us all cabin fever. However, if our community does not diligently follow guidelines, we may need to enact more restrictive actions for everyone’s protection.”
Elmore gave these guidelines for residents to follow:
1. Stay at home as much as possible.
2. Maintain social distancing at all times. This means six feet apart physically. Crossing the street to avoid someone is not rude, it’s prudent.
3. Public or private gatherings of ten or more are prohibited. Please refrain from social but distant lawn parties or gatherings to be safe.
4. Avoid public benches, water fountains, playground equipment, and the park pavilion.
5. Wash your hands often and especially after returning from leaving your home.
6. If you develop a fever or feel sick, call your primary care physician first for consultation and instructions. If you do not have a primary care physician, call Georgia Department of Public Health’s hotline at 1-844-442-2681.
7. Check on one another by phone, email, or texting.
More About Coronavirus: