Calhoun City Schools and Gordon County Schools have announced they will remain closed through Spring Break, which ends April 10. The school systems are following Gov. Brian Kemp’s executive order as well as the latest guidance from the CDC.
Teachers will make contact with students in order to continue instructional activities through April 3. No assignments will be given the week of spring break. As the coronavirus pandemic continues, the school systems will reassess and determine if additional time is needed beyond April 10.
Additionally, all field trips scheduled for the remainder of the school year will be cancelled. Details on refunds will be made available to families as soon as they are determined.
School-sponsored events will be postponed or cancelled for the duration of the closures.
The school system is advising all students and parents to follow the recommended health and safety issues to avoid catching COVID-19:
- Stay home and limit contact with others when you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and properly discard used tissues. If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with those who are ill.
Coronavirus in Georgia: