The City of Canton has announced its game plan for handling coronavirus. The city will be taking several measures including not disconnecting utilities and waiving late fees on utility payments for the next month.
Below are the steps the city is taking:
1) Municipal Court trials scheduled for March 25th will be reset for April 22nd.
2) The city will not disconnect utility services during the next 30 days.
3) The city will waive late fees on utility payments during the next 30 days.
4) The city encourages payment for services to be made online via the cantonga.gov website, setting up convenient and cost-free autodrafts, or submitting payments through the drop box located at 110 Academy Street.
5) The city is encouraging residents to interact with the City utilizing our website, by calling 770-704-1500 or by emailing TellUs@cantonga.gov.
“We will continue to monitor health advisories and any requirements placed upon local governments by the Georgia Department of Public Health,” the city said in a statement.