It’s time to play a little game of catch-up for those local news items you may have missed over the weekend.
For many Georgians, Valentine’s Day weekend blended into Presidents Day or a winter break for school-aged kids. Here is a rundown of some of the things you may not have heard about over the weekend.
- A water main break on Clairemont Ave. n Decatur left some residents with brown water. The main has been fixed and the roadway is being repaired. Residents experiencing brown water are advised to run the water until it clears up.
- A 50-year-old Canton man was convicted of child molestation. He will serve 40 years, the first 20 of which will be in prison.
- Police in Milton are looking for a black jeep that was caught on camera doing donuts on property near Northwestern Middle School. By “caught on camera” we mean the suspects shared a video of their crime.
- Georgia Health News produced a heart-wrenching story about a family that got hit with a surprise medical bill of $11,000.
- In Dallas, a 77-year-old man was arrested after police say he shot his wife, her son and her son’s girlfriend. The son died from his wounds.
- UGA’s Tifton campus is getting a new dean. Michael Toews was named to the position last week.