National news coverage this weekend was dominated by the untimely death of NBA star Kobe Bryant in a helicopter accident and revelations from John Bolton’s book on the Trump administration.
Chances are, you heard about those as they were happening. Here are some local stories that happened over the weekend that you may not have seen.
- Funeral arrangements have been announced for the Georgia deputy who was killed in the line of duty last week.
- A Gwinnett County man was shot at six times while leaving a gas station near Snellville. The man told police officers he didn’t know who shot him or why he was being shot at.
- Georgia health officials are continuing to keep an eye on the coronavirus outbreak. So far no cases have been confirmed in Georgia.
- A home explosion that happened in Elbert County Thursday morning was ruled arson. A photo released by the state fire insurance commissioner’s office shows the devastation.
- A Gwinnett County Police officer was hit by a van in a Norcross parking lot. He is now home resting comfortably, according to the police department, and his alleged assailant has been taken into custody.