Listen to this article.
LAWRENCEVILLE — Three quick-working thieves broke into 26 vehicles in a span of two hours early Tuesday morning in the Lawrenceville area.
Police say between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. the vehicles were broken into in the parking lots of multiple hotels and apartment complexes.
The suspects arrived to the locations in a black SUV, possibly identified as a Jeep Cherokee. The vehicle appeared to have blacked out rims and a long sticker on the top portion of the rear window.
Witnesses and surveillance footage observed the suspects to be three black males with the following appearance: Suspect No. 1 is a black man who was wearing a black jacket. Suspect No. 2 is a black man who was wearing a bulky black jacket and white tennis shoes. Suspect No. 3 is a black man who was wearing a black hoodie and red tennis shoes.
The thieves entered the vehicles by smashing a window. The most common items stolen were wallets.
The incident locations are listed below:
- Hearthside Sugarloaf Apartments – 5600 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville
- Hampton Inn – 1135 Lakes Parkway, Lawrenceville
- Comfort Inn and Suites – 2225 Riverside Parkway, Lawrenceville
- Herrington Mill Apartments – 1564 Herrington Road, Lawrenceville
- Country Inn and Suites – 989 Duluth Highway, Lawrenceville
- Hampton Inn – 6010 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville
- Homewood Suites – 1775 North Brown Road, Lawrenceville
The Gwinnett Police Department is reminding residents to remove valuable items such as purses, wallets, electronics and weapons from vehicles, especially when parked outside overnight. Having nothing visible may help deter the vehicle from being broken into.
Anyone who has any information to share in this case can contact detectives at 770-513-5300. To remain anonymous, tipsters should contact Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.stopcrimeATL.com. Crime Stoppers tipsters can receive a cash reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case. The case numbers are 20-004032, 20-004143, 20-004047, 20-004070, 20-004072, 20-004075, and 20-004178.