Listen to this article.
Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags St. Louis have engaged themselves in a friendly bet over the result of the Division Playoffs between the Atlanta Braves at the St. Louis Cardinals.
If the Braves win, you won’t notice any changes at Six Flags over Georgia, but if they lose you’re going to start seeing tributes to the Cardinals all over Six Flags. At least, you will if you visit there this month.
Happening during the largest Halloween celebration in Atlanta makes the thought of losing the series pretty scary. This “friendly” competition between parks will have a lot more at stake than just bragging rights for the winning team.
If the Atlanta Braves win the series, Six Flags St. Louis will be responsible for the following:
- Rename the Blood Bank Lounge to Braves Blood Bank Lounge
- Bartenders to wear Braves jerseys – Go Braves!
- Serve Braves Blood Bag drinks in a themed Braves Bar
- Skeleton Street skeletons shall be forced to wear baseball caps of our beloved Braves
- Park President Phil Liggett will have to navigate his way through hordes of Cardinals fans while wearing an Atlanta Braves jersey.
On the flip side, if the St. Louis Cardinals were to claim the title, Six Flags Over Georgia will be responsible for the following:
- Rename JB’s Sports Bar & Grill to Cardinals Bar & Grill
- Bartenders to wear wretched Cardinals jerseys
- Serve a Cardinals themed beverage in a Cardinals themed bar
- Place Cardinals hats on our giant glowing pumpkin patch
- Park President Dale Kaetzel to wear a Cardinals jersey for the day.
The bet will be fulfilled the first weekend of Fright Fest following the end of the series.