Listen to this article.
Benefiting the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia, Athens-Clarke County Transit will host their annual “Stuff-a-Bus” event during December 10-14. A bus, decked-out for the holidays, will be staged all day at several different locations during the week for people to donate non-perishable food items and help give Athens area families a holiday to remember.
Each visit earns a chance to win “Stuff-a-Bus” door prizes. The drawing will take place on Friday, December 14 at 5:30 p.m. at the Lexington Road Walmart Supercenter, although participants do not need to be present to win.
Stuff-a-Bus Locations – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 10: Kroger Shopping Plaza, 700 US Hwy. 29 North
- Tuesday, December 11: Athens-Clarke County Library, 2025 Baxter St.
- Wednesday, December 12: Athens-Clarke County Library, 2025 Baxter St.
- Thursday, December 13: Classic Center, 300 N. Thomas St.
- Friday, December 14: Walmart Supercenter, 4375 Lexington Rd.
Most needed items:
- peanut butter
- soups, chili, and beef stew
- canned fruits and vegetables
- canned pasta
- canned chicken and tuna
- pasta and sauce
- dried or canned beans
For more information, contact Rachel Hopkins, ACC Transit Marketing Coordinator, at 706.613.3432 x 232 or email@example.com.